Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [context] Release date?
From: Szymon Gatner (szymon.gatner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-17 03:59:21

2012/7/14 Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]>:
> Am 14.07.2012 13:06, schrieb Nat Linden:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Szymon Gatner <szymon.gatner_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> boost.context has been accepted quite some time ago, is there any eta
>>> on when it is going be officially part of boost?
>>>
>>> asio (for async task running) + context (as a coroutine/continuation)
>>> == pure win
>>
>> Without disagreeing with the above, you might find that asio +
>> coroutine is even more a win, as coroutine layers an application-level
>> API on top of context:
>> http://olk.bplaced.net/boost-coroutine.zip
>
> documentation (needs some enhancements, I know) at
> http://olk.bplaced.net/boost/libs/coroutine/doc/html/

Wow, that is indeed pretty great. Very happy to hear about 1.51
context release and will gladly participate in coroutine review. Both
will simplify asynchronous code a lot. We now just need move semantics
in asio and function libraries ;)

> As I worte in a previous posting - the example section contains code which
> integrates a coroutine inside a streambuf so that the stream using this
> streambuf can be used as usual (without blocking the application)
>
> inbuf ib( socket);
> istream is( & ib);
> std::string line;
> do {
> std::getline( line);
> } while ( line != "exit");

I can't seem to find that example section you mention in coroutine docs.

Regards,
Szymon Gatner