Subject: [Boost-users] [boost.serialization] shared object plugin
From: Giampiero Gabbiani (giampiero_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-05 19:23:21

Hi together,
inside the application I'm writing is defined a base class and a factory for
the creation of instances through a number of plugins.

The plugins auto registers when theis shared objects are dynamically loaded
from the application.

Each plugin instance is derived from a pure abstract interface defined in
the application and used from the plugins through an header.

The application maintains a list of these plugins as a member of an object.

I would like use boost.serialization library in order to serialize the
application container object with all the plugins contained.

The library reference mentions a plugin case among its 'special
considerations', but I couldn't obtain nothing working till now, so that I
wonder if I should use instead the 'PIMPL' idiom (mentioned in the 'Case
Studies').

I'm neither sure if the PIMPL idiom is the right waym since it would imply
the definition of the base class in every plugin (so in every shared
object), that means a replication of the same coding.

So far, is there a complete example of boost.serialization of plugins with
private implementation in shared object?

Many thanks in advance
Giampiero