Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [Review Report] ODEInt accepted
From: Mario Mulansky (mario.mulansky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-04 13:00:12

Hi

On Wednesday, October 03, 2012 11:36:53 AM Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> The review of the ODEInt library submitted by Mario Mulansky
> and Karsten Ahnert ended last Friday. Many thanks to everyone
> who participated in this review. The library is ACCEPTED into
> Boost unconditionally.

WOW, thanks to everyone who took the time to write a review or made comments.
And big thanks to Steven for managing the review. We are overly happy that the
library got accepted and we are really glad about the mostly positive feedback
from the list.

<snip>

> Issues:
>
> These were points brought up by reviewers. The
> authors are free to accept or reject any of these at
> their discretion.
>
> - A number of minor documentation corrections.
> - Automatically deduce the correct algebra from the state type.
> - Use a default initial step size.
> - Allow breaking out of the algorithms

We will look into the suggestions concerning further improvements of the
documentation. Also, we might add an automatic algebra dispatcher as proposed.
However, automatic step size deduction and "event handling" during integration
are features to be added in later releases.

Thanks again to everyone!

Mario + Karsten