Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.MSM -> Ignore events that were not explicitly defined for a state
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-19 17:10:04

Hi,

> Hi Christophe,
>
> thx for the fast response. I will check evaluate your suggestion as fast
> as
> possible.
>
> I have another issue with MSM: Is there a possibility to model a
> "do:)"-activity within a state (some UML modelling tools like enterprise
> architect support this kind of activity)? This means an action which is
> executed between the entry-Action ( void on_exit (...)) and the
> exit-action
> (void on_exit (...))?

At the moment no.

> Maybe this can be solved by using an internal transition within a state
> which defines among the entry- and exit function additionally the functor
> "operator ()(...){// Do something state-specific}" ?!

It's not so simple. Do is defined as an operation which lasts from entry to
exit, continuously, not a single call.
To implement this will require a second thread so that not to block the
state machine.

> It would be great IFA you could provide me within something information if
> MSM supports such "Do"-activities in a state.

MSM does not support it yet, and I insist on yet (I'm working on it) ;-)
At the moment, you'll have to handle the extra thread yourself, which is not
trivial.

> Thanks in advanced,
>
> RaRi

HTH,