Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building boost with custom gcc/g++
From: narjunkumar (narjunkumar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-10 10:29:18

Thanks a lot Steve (and others).

I figured out that the problem is the initial bootstrap does not pick
anything from user-config.jam for our custom compiler.. it's all hard-coded
in there. So when no gcc is available in PATH, (my case) it shows these
wierd errors. Also understood that doesnt matter what compiler you build
bootstrap with.

So I just ensure that my gcc is in PATH for bootstrap to succeed, then the
2nd step picks the custom gcc from the jam file correctly. I guess this
solves it for me. However if you only have a custom compiler inside
some folder with a name like gcc-4-5-mine , then I guess you might need to
create an alias, or edit the build.sh file inside tools/build/engine/v2 as
pointed out by the stack overflow qn.

Thanks again.