Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.MSM cc1plus.exe:: error: out of memory allocating 65532
From: RaRi (degoah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-01 14:38:39

Servus!

I have investigated the memory allocation while compiling my master state
machine with the favor_compile_time policy (5 submachine -> 5 *.hpp-files +
5 *.cpp files + each submachine back-end has the favor_compile_time policy
as 2nd parameter) and without the favor_compile_time policy (5 submachines
-> 5 *.hpp-files + 1 main.cpp with the instantiation of the master machine)

My results:
*Without policy:*
Memory allocation: 600 Mb; Compile time: 01:10min; dll size: 1 Mb;
Conclusion -> with the "-g3" option we run out of memory and we will receive
the curious "out of memory allocation" problem from the cc1plus.exe again.

*With policy:*
Memory allocation: 400 Mb; Compile time: 01:50min; dll size: 1.5 Mb;
Conclusion -> we can now also use the "-g3" without running into the
"cc1plus.exe out of memory problem".

But why is the compilation time with "favor_compile_time" bigger than
without the policy? And why to hell is the dll file size about 50 % bigger
(okay, we have know 5 object files and with additional symbols, maybe this
is the reason... I'm not an expert regarding this..)

Christophe, I'm curious about your opinion:)...

BR,
Rafael