Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [arm] Building for ARM
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-16 04:46:01

2013/3/16 Michael Powell <mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden]>:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder, has anyone built Boost for ARM?

Successfully build for RaspberryPi (ARM11 family).

> Specifically, we've got an ARM5 for which I want to use Boost for many
> of those features, a key one is Spirit2 for at least one
> domain-specific-language (DSL) exposure, possibly two or three.

Spirit worked well, but lexer from Boost.Spirit has some issues, to
fix them you may use patch from

> That I can say, we're working with Mentor Graphics, Code Sourcery Code
> Bench for ARM for the moment. I think they've got current GCC language
> support through 4.7.2 if it matters.
>
> My only questions are, how feasible a cross compile is Boost? Does the
> inclusion and linkage go about as smoothly as for any other
> ARM-destined output?

On Raspberry Pi we were using a lot of boost libraries: asio,
optional, variant, lexical_cast, spirit, threads, program_options,
tuples, fusion, MPL, function, smart_ptr (all of them),
interprocess... All of them worked well on GCC 4.7.2.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin