Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost_thread-vc100-mt-1_53.lib vs libboost_thread-vc100-mt-1_53.lib
From: Jeff Flinn (Jeffrey.Flinn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-12 10:48:47

On 4/12/2013 10:23 AM, young wrote:
> Still not clear.
>
> libboost_thread-vc100-mt-s-1_53.lib vs libboost_thread-vc100-mt-1_53.lib
>
> I know the "s" means static library. What is different between them?

The naming is described here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#library-naming

The 's' linking statically to the C++ standard library and compiler
runtime support libraries.

Thus boost libs without 's' are built to use the runtime dll, while
boost libs with 's' are built to use the static runtime libs.

So I'm not sure what you don't understand?

By default, MSVC autolinks to boost selecting the library according to
your project's Property: C/C++ | Code Generation | Runtime Library setting.

Jeff