Subject: [Boost-users] Need good semi-high-res timer
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 15:25:35

Hello,

I am looking for a semi-high-res timer solution. Ideally, should be
clock-agnostic, shouldn't see non-deterministic behavior in the face of NTP
or GPS system or local time updates.

Thus far attempts to use boost/timer/timer.hpp have been frustrated by what
seems like the common occurrence linker issues. I've defined to use header
only, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. Or possibly I need to rebuild
boost with that option? Or something along these lines.

I'd like to use boost if that feature is available, and avoid clock-bound
timers if at all possible. Recommendations?

Thanks much.

Regards,

Michael Powell