Subject: [Boost-users] endless loop and/or crash in boost::interprocess
From: Charanga (charanga.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-20 14:28:18

How do I debug a potential endless loop and heap corruption issue involving boost::interprocess "new managed_shared_memory" freezing forever or crashing? I posted this on stackoverflow but I am hopeful that a real  expert in Boost::Interprocess may have seen this freeze-up and crash before. Outside the debugger it manifests as a freeze-up, inside the debugger it manifests as a series of exceptions inside an endless try-catch-ignore loop which is coded into the boost implementation code. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16651878/how-do-i-debug-a-potential-endless-loop-and-heap-corruption-issue-involving-boos Warren