Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] Interest in a NamedPipe component
From: Geoff Shannon (geoffpshannon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-11 18:59:31

Hey all,

I'm in the early stages of planning an independent study for my CS
program and what I'm hoping to do is write a Boost.Interprocess
compatible implementation of NamedPipe. However, I don't want what I
create to be too closely tied to what I personally want to use.

So, if you have any possible interest in utilizing such a feature,
please respond and we can chat a bit about what the desirable
semantics might be.

Specifically I'm interested in comments on what kind of persistence
people would lke, and thoughts about whether the stream should be
message oriented or not (or optionally so).

 (see http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/interprocess/some_basic_explanations.html#interprocess.some_basic_explanations.persistence
for more info about what I mean by persistence).

Right now, my conception of what the key features of a NamedPipe
implementation would be is a stream/message oriented communication
channel between to unrelated processes.

thanks!
-- Geoff

Nothing is ever easy.