Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost and Norton 360
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-20 09:40:12

I have found this a persistent on-going problem with Norton and these types of files. It's
heuristics obviously doesn't like them at all. Suspicious.Cloud.9 is reported.

Norton support team have responded to my requests to white-list some files, but we would have to get
them to do this for all the files for every release. I'm not sure Norton would agree to do this,
and it would be some work.

I started up by disabling the virus checking on the /lib folder containing the libraries, but then
hit quarantining on nearly built .exe files, so took out the entire partitions containing Boost
stuff.

This isn't very satisfactory. Has anyone any better suggestions?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK