Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Test]: Problem with simple Boost.Test
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-21 12:05:40

I wrote:
>>Why are you linking against boost_test_exec_monitor?
>>
>>I've never needed to do that. boost_unit_test_framework should be enough.

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<7364AB234369D348AE1CEBC1A86132DBAD4B95_at_[hidden]> thusly:
>Interesting. Because I'm finding the following:
>
>$ ${CXX} -c --std=c++0x -g -I${TARGET}/include cma.cpp -o cma.o
>$ ${CXX} --std=c++0x -g cma.o
>${TARGET}/lib/libboost_unit_test_framework.dylib -o cma
>Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
> "_main", referenced from:
> implicit entry/start for main executable
>ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>$

There are several ways you can get an appropriate implementation of
main() from Boost.Test.

Since you are using the dynamic library version of Boost.Test, you
need at most one source file that defines BOOST_TEST_MAIN before
including <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>. (You should also be defining
BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK before including unit_test.hpp in all your source
files since you are using the dynamically linked library.)

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>