Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Test on Windows x64
From: User 8583 (user8583_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-01 12:33:18

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Richard <legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> If b2 address-model=64 gets you x86 binaries, then the wrong compiler
> is being used. Try unsetting your path, lib, include, etc.,
> environment variables, running .\b2 again and then check the built
> libraries.

I have located the problem, it was of course between the keyboard and the
chair. After compiling with the b2 command I mentionned, I was running a
.\b2 install --prefix "mypath", a la make. This last command actually
recompiled libraries in 32 bits. I did not notice because it starts
spending a lot of time copying files, and also because options that are
needed the first time b2 is called (like toolset) seems to be cached for
the following calls of b2 while address-model is obviously not but has a
default value of 32.

Another small remark: the documentation in 1.54.0 has changed and mention
to run bootstrap/b2 from tool/build/v2, but when I run them from there, no
binary is generated.

Thanks for your help Richard.