Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Do correct instructions for MinGW install exist?
From: Michael Chisholm (chisholm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-02 16:58:03

On 7/2/2013 2:50 PM, Kirk Joppy wrote:
>> That doesn't work for me: (this is from the msys shell)
>
>> $ ./bootstrap.sh mingw
>> Building Boost.Build engine with toolset gcc...
>> Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
>> Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details
>
> I am NOT an expert but my posted instructions are to be executed from
> the cmd.exe shell, not msys.

Ah, I missed that. Yes, from a cmd.exe prompt, bootstrap.bat does work.
  It is unexpected to have to leave the usual mingw development shell to
be able to build boost (b2 specifically) with mingw!

There is some mingw code in bootstrap.sh, which switches the toolset
back to "gcc" for some reason. There is also some mingw handling in
tools/build/v2/engine/build.sh, so I tried hacking bootstrap.sh to pass
"mingw" onto build.sh rather than resetting it to gcc, but got the error
reported earlier by 'Josu Andrade Gomes <josuegomes_at_[hidden]>'. So
there seems to be some attempt to make it work via the shell script, but
perhaps it's still a work in progress?

Anyway, as long as it works in *some* way!

Thanks
Andy