Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::uuid
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-11 09:33:22

Thanks.

Biist.UUID is entirely header files - you do not need (and probably should not have) any static or
dynamic/shared library files as provided previously by BoostPro to use Boost.UUID.

You should download the more recent release of Boost files as described in

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/more/getting_started/index.html

in

\boost_1_54_0\boost\uuid\uuid_*.hpp etc

you will find the files that you need for UUID.

(These in turn rely on other Boost files, so you are living dangerously if you try to just pick out
the files you need from the Boost 1.54 distribution! You have been warned. Unzip the whole 1.54
distribution.)

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/uuid/uuid.html tells you all about it.

HTH

Paul