Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Iostreams with two filters throws exception
From: Ken Appleby (ken.appleby_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-08 12:52:50

On 08/08/2013 06:37, NuSkooler wrote:
> I've been attempting to use Boost.Iostreams with two filters to compress
> + encrypt ("out") and decrypt + uncompress ("in"). This works for some
> files, while others throw an exception during the "in" phase. If I
> remove either of the filters for out/in (e.g. remove the compress or the
> encrypt) everything works fine -- the issue only occurs with two filters
> chained.
>
> From what I understand in the documentation, this should be supported,
> but I must be missing something. Below is the relevant portions of my code:

> Can anyone help?
>
> Bryan Ashby

Bryan,

You are a lot more likely to get a response if you post a complete
example. Just a single file with a main() would make it a lot easier to
help you. You're not far from that with the code you posted.

Have you tried catching the exception and extracting any information?
Have you tried getting your debugger to stop on throw?

Ken Appleby
Soft Optics Ltd.