Subject: [Boost-users] Migration from boost 1.49 to 1.54
From: Sebastian Messerschmidt (sebastian.messerschmidt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 06:01:41

Hi folks,

We have a rather big project which we like to migrate from boost 1.49 to
1.54.
I ran into several compile problems under Visual Studio 2010 SP1.

The most annoying I was not able to solve yet is the following:

We are using boost::serialization a lot and I now get the following error:
<snip>
error C2995: 'boost_132::shared_ptr<T>
boost_132::dynamic_pointer_cast(const boost_132::shared_ptr<U> &)' :
function template has already been defined
</snip>

I checked the sources but I don't understand why this broken with the
new version. I removed all references to "shared_ptr_cast" and
dynamic_ptr_cast in my code, but compilation still fails.
Any ideas?

cheers
Sebastian