Subject: Re: [Boost-users] container with large number of elements and a small number of invalide elements
From: MM (finjulhich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-05 13:45:24

On 5 November 2013 18:34, Vincent N. Virgilio <virgilio_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes, stable_partition (and probably partition) involve swaps, according to
> SGI's doc.
>
> Instead, you might apply one of the above partition functions to a
> parallel container of indices, and dereference with the predicate?
>
> Seems like this is steering back to an ersatz version of a boost adaptor.
>
> Vince

Could you elaborate? what do you mean an "ersatz version of a boost
adaptor"

I can store a container of indices that are invalid, and get max and
min,and access via a [] with the help of that container.
I just was looking to reuse some component for this rather than implement
it myself.

>Or modify your algorithm to not require random access. ;-)
>What are you wanting to do with the sequence(s)?
I need to plot only the elements that are valid.
Unfortunately, the plotting library requires a sort of indexed element,

Thanks,
MM