Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost process : how to use it
From: David Hauck (davidh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 14:10:07

Hi Marshall,

On Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:51 AM, Boost-users wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2014, at 10:32 AM, David Hauck <davidh_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:44 AM, Boost-users wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is the status of boost:process, when looking on internet you
>>> can find different version that are more or less compatible.
>>> Not an ideal situation and I am a bit surprised that this lib
>>> doesn't get more love from c++ dev.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I'm also curious why this library hasn't been integrated into the
>> standard
> set of Boost libraries. Would someone be kind enough to provide some
> (current) background on the latest thinking/status of this?
>
> Because it has not yet been accepted into Boost.

Ya, I figured that ;).

> It was reviewed a couple years ago, and rejected (for good reasons).

OK, this is part of what I was looking for: where would I find the results of that review?

> Boris has spent a lot of time reworking the library, and plans to
> resubmit it for review.

...and this is the second part of what I was looking for. Does anyone have any idea of timeframe for this? I realize the review process time frame is somewhat indeterminate, but wondered about the nominal time for review of a library of this size/complexity and also any approximation for the time frame for re-submission?

Thanks!
-David