Subject: Re: [Boost-users] --run_test and using this to run a subset of Testcases.
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-12 21:13:58

Manuel Maier <Manuel.Maier <at> br-automation.com> writes:

> Hi
> I am looking for help considering running sets of Testcases/Testsuites.

Hi Manuel,

Release version of Boost.Test does provide some functionality for selective
test run. There are few issues with it and number of limitations. In trunk
version I reworked this component significantly. Now you not only can have
combination of compile time/runtime selection, there is an ability "exclude"
commands, you can combine several run_test commands and you can also label
your test cases and select/exclude based on a label.

> First off, is there a possibility to do a negative selection.

In trunk.

> i.e. tell boost.test to NOT run certain Testcases/testsuites?
>
> Further is it possible to run sets of Testcases(which may reside in
different
> testsuites)?
> Assume following test tree:
> MASTER
> suite1
>        case1
>        case2
> suite2
>        testcase1
>        testcase2
> suite3
>        subsuite
>                testcase1
>
> Now lets say I wanna run testcase case1, testcase2 and the subsuite
testsuite.

> Is this even possible?

I think this should be possible even in release version. run_test comamnd
will look a bit clumsy, but it should work. It will defnitely work in trunk
version.

Regards,
Gennadiy