Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Mock ?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-19 22:42:27

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<CABUeae9Mgnv_aJ8SbKnuzpjhDvUUcAmA+cNf-s7qgaogWZM-gA_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>If I was developing a mocking framework, I'd rely on some classic
>Unit Testing/Mocking examples to support the motivation,
>like those about logging or sending e-mail.
>Simply, I'd translate Roy Osherove's introductory examples:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAb_OnooCsQ
>
>Those are so well known within testing community,
>they are almost idiomatic, hence best for selling a framework.

If I had known about Turtle when I was writing my tutorials, I would
have used it instead of a hand-written fake when talking about
creating UI dialogs with TDD:
<http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com/2009/07/05/c-unit-tests-with-boost-test-part-4/>

I think it would have made things a little easier to explain and
certainly save work in that you don't have to make the test doubles by
writing lots of boiler plate code.

I agree that this is the area where Turtle's documentation could use
the most improvement -- real-world examples that get away from just
showing the syntax and show the mocks being used in a meaningful way.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>