Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost or Standard when there is the choice?
From: Maxime Boissonneault (maxime.boissonneault_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-11 14:32:34

It depends what your objective is.

If it is to require no extra library, then the standard is your only choice.
If it is to be portable, then either will work, but keep in mind that
although the standard is well defined, its implementation can change
from one compiler to another, and bugs do exist. With boost, you have a
single provider, for whatever compiler.

Keep in mind also that std:: or boost:: are not necessarily the same
with the exact same features.

My 2 cents.

Maxime Boissonneault