Subject: [Boost-users] [ASIO] Multicast Regression?
From: Aaron_Wright_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-05-12 15:09:33

I previously used ASIO from Boost 1.49 to send out multicast UDP messages
up to 64K bytes in size without a problem. Now with ASIO from Boost 1.55 I
can't seem to send out a multicast UDP message greater than 1500 bytes. I
get this error:

   Code=1784
   Category=system
   Message=The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested
operation

I've looked at the code between Boost 1.49 and 1.55,
(basic_datagram_socket.hpp, datagram_socket_services.hpp,
win_iocp_socket_service_base.hpp and ipp) and very little has changed. Am
I missing something that changed between the two?

I'm using Windows and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for both 1.49 and 1.55.

Hopefully someone has an idea of where to look. Thanks.

---
Aaron Wright