Subject: [Boost-users] [RegEx] Are there any tools to test a regular expression will work
From: John Bryan (John.Bryan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-21 14:58:08

Specifically Boost "Perl Regular Expression Syntax" option (with or without Unicode enhancements)

I am working with software a product that is using Boost regex engine but I need a way to test individual regex expressions before committing them in to it.

But I have found there are operstors that I sometimes need to use that do not exist in any on-line or client-side regex tester/editor or IDE that I have tried. They all seem to be based on Java or .Net based regex engines and I can not find any that uses the Boost engine.
Tried RegExPal, RegEx.Powertoy, NotePad++, Padre etc.

I don't mind whether it is online, Windows based, Linux based (so long as easy to install) or part of a larger application (so long as not massive). I just want something that will take a few seconds to tell if a regular expression will match a particular text.

Example Boost specific expression:-
"(one) (two) (three) \g-1"
should match on:-
"one two three three"

Regards, John

Sophos Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, number 2096520, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom