Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Bimap] Iterator invalidation
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-25 02:49:20

Adam Badura <abadura <at> o2.pl> writes:

> What are rules for iterator invalidation in Boost.Bimap? I have looked
> in documentation (version 1.55) but didn't found anything.
>
> I'm particularly interested in the bimap<...>::iterator (or
> ::const_iterator) invalidation. But the question remains valid for any
> kind of iterators.

Hi Adam,

The documentation does not explicitly say so, but I think it is safe to
assume that Boost.Bimap iterators remain valid under any circumstance
(except, naturally, when the element they point to is erased) given that
this library is a wrapper over Boost.MultiIndex, where this guarantee
is officially provided by each type of index.

You might want to file a ticket asking for Boost.Bimap docs to
clarifiy this.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica