Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ASIO] directory monitor ASIO extension
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-05 20:58:57

On 6 Aug 2014 at 1:54, Niall Douglas wrote:

> > > I am going through code of directory monitor ASIO extension by Boris
> >
> > You may also be interested in AFIO (F for file.) It has an experimental
> > directory monitor living in some branch whose name I do not know.
> >
> > https://github.com/BoostGSoC/boost.afio.git
>
> Ah yes. The directory monitor isn't ready for production use. By
> production use I mean:

Sorry, I forgot (it's nearly 2am) to mention that AFIO itself is
production ready and has been in the review queue since October 2013.
You can see its CI test dashboard at the bottom of the github page
plus a link to its documentation. There is a slight correction to the
https://github.com/BoostGSoC13/boost.afio

You *will* find AFIO's directory enumeration facilities to be faster
than anything else, including the system APIs. AFIO goes direct to
the kernel and skips the intervening baggage, hence happily working
with 1m or even 10m entry directories on BSD, Linux and Windows with
ease.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting