Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Flat multi set operation costs
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-03 11:04:46

El 02/10/2014 18:42, Paolo Bolzoni escribió:
> I recently noticed boost has the flat multiset implementation, so
> I was wondering do it follows the same idea? If it does I would
> be nice to kick-out some code and use the library for ease of
> maintenance.

Some optimizations, but not as fast as a hand-written sorted vector.
Things can be optimized using back insertion + stable_sort but this
requires additional temporary O(N) memory I would like to avoid when
possible, or even offer a customization point for users that don't want
to allocate temporary memory for sorting/merging.

So the short answer is: not the optimizations you might need.

Ion