Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.56 with QT creator, “LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib'”
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-17 13:11:21

> I am working on a project of boost unit testing framework using QT creator.
> I have written a small test program and trying to link
> "libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib". This library is
> present at specified path. But program fails to compile giving said linking
> error.
>
> I searched on net and found that, error should go with "#define
> BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB". But then, I am getting below error:

Please don't do that - that option is for expert users only and is
cunningly designed to allow you to shoot yourself in the foot ;-)

There are two possibilities here:

1) You have files with similar names to
libboost_unit_test_framework-vc100-mt-gd-1_56.lib, but not *exactly*
that one - and yes you really do need the file with exactly that name as
different MSVC build options produce binary-incompatible libraries. In
this case, please rebuild Boost using "bjam --build-type=complete
--with-test" to make sure you get all the possible binaries. And yes
this will take a while.
2) You have that file but it's not in your linker's search path - there
should be a /LIBPATH=path-to-library-file on the linkers command line.
If you're not using the Visual Studio IDE then you will need to check
your IDE's documentation for help in setting that.

HTH, john.