Subject: [Boost-users] Boost build and first program
From: Great Avenger Singh (arsh840_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-01 06:05:25

Hi I am first time boost user. I build it using following procedure on
Ubuntu Linux 14.04.

cd /boost-src/
./bootstrap.sh and followed instructions. after the completion it gave
me following suggestion:

The Boost libraries were successfully built.

    Following directory should be included to compiler include paths;
    /home/metal-machine/boost-src
    Following directory should be included to linker library paths;
    /home/metal-machine/boost-src/stage/lib

Now I try to compile and program with following options from command line:

$ g++ -I "/home/metal-machine/boost-src/" -L
"/home/metal-machine/boost-src/stage/lib/" boostlist.cpp
-lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -o honey

$ ./honey

./honey: error while loading shared libraries:
libboost_system.so.1.57.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

But on the other hand if I compile and run as follows:

$ g++ boostlist.cpp -lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -o honey

$./honey ->it works fine

I am using thiscode:
https://gist.github.com/vivithemage/9517678

Where I am doing wrong?