Subject: [Boost-users] errors while compiling the boost-libraries
From: steffen.wittek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-12-08 03:33:33

I was trying to compile the boost-libraries in order to use them in
dolfin (1.4.0), as I got an error message in Dolfin as follows:
> ImportError: /home/phoenix/Work/FEniCS/lib/libdolfin.so.1.4:
> undefined symbol: _ZN5boost6thread4joinEv

I thought that the undefined symbol pointed towards the boost libraries
and so I tried to recompile them by including them into the dorsal
script.
A compilation of the latter stopped with another error however. The
..Work/FEniCS/src/boost_1_55_0/dorsal_build.log ends with
> ...failed updating 45 targets...
> ...skipped 50 targets...
> ...updated 564 targets...
and can be seen in full glory here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/529m6pb4ygcsxxv/dorsal_build.log?dl=0

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?