Subject: Re: [Boost-users] VMD library accepted
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-26 21:59:19

On 2/26/2015 7:22 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> The VMD library submitted by Edward Diener is ACCEPTED into Boost.
>
> I apologize for the long delay for this announcement.
>
> Thanks to everyone who participated in the formal review
> * Nial Douglass
> * Bjorn Reese
> * Rodrigo Madera
> * Zhou Zhenghui
> * Matt Calabrese
> * Paul Mensonides
>
> Reviews for the library were generally positive.
> The library was considered to be a useful set of
> tools for macro programmers. Paul expressed concern
> about the way the the library handles v-sequences and
> v-identifiers. After some discussion, Edward has
> agreed that the interface could be significantly improved.
>
> Work Items:
> * Add examples and improved motivation in the documentation
> * Update the v-identifier/v-sequence interface based
> on Paul's comments
> * Fix inaccurate statements about Boost.Preprocessor per Paul

Thank you very much, Steven.

I have revamped and simplified the macro interfaces and am working on
updating the documentation. I am not sure I will be finished in time for
Boost 1.58 but I will definitely have the library ready for Boost 1.59.
Once I am finished with my updated documentation and am satisfied I have
met my goals in making the library easier to use I will post a message
on these forums and whoever is interested in the library and its
functionality can take a look at the updated functionality and make
whatever comments they like. I do not know if the improved and added
functionality will need any further mini-review but I will let others
decide on that once I am finished.