Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Serialization cumulatively.
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-13 12:35:38

Tony Camuso wrote
> I'm trying to serialize the data from multiple passes of an app
> on various files. Each pass generates data that must be serialized.
> If I simply append each serialization, then deserialization will
> only occur for the first instance, since the number of records
> read by the deserialization will only be for the first instance.
>
> What I'm doing is deserializing on each new pass, deleting the
> original file, and then serializing everything again with the
> new information.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do - but of course this is
the list so I can just answer anyway.

Why doesn't the following work?

Ok a couple of problems:
a) tracking prevents writing of data multiple times
b) serialization requires that data be const just to prevent users from
doing this exact sort of thing - which is a mistake in the presence of
tracking.

Solution - turn tracking off and cast away consents

I have no idea if this is helpful - but maybe it's food for thought

Robert Ramey