Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compile errors in pointer_traits.hpp after upgrade to 1_58_0
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-20 14:36:08

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM, James Walker <jamesw_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> After switching from Boost 1_57_0 to 1_58_0, I get various compile errors in
> pointer_traits.hpp, where it uses the macro
> BOOST_INTRUSIVE_HAS_STATIC_MEMBER_FUNC_SIGNATURE:
>
> warning: declaration does not declare anything
> error: use of undeclared identifier 'check'
> error: 'U' does not refer to a value
>
> This is with Xcode 4.6.3 and the Apple LLVM 4.2 compiler.

I haven't experienced that myself, so this is only a wild guess.

However -- Apple defines a 'check' macro in some system header that
notoriously wreaks havoc on software that innocently uses the name
'check' for a perfectly legal data member.

Try '#undef check' before your #include for Boost sources?