Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost Test] BOOST_TEST_ALTERNATIVE_INIT_API
From: Merrill Cornish (merrill.cornish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-31 20:05:20

I am using Boost 1.58.0. After I downloaded it, I did a full default
build with build_type=complete. So, Boost Test was built without any
special command line arguments.

The minimal tests I have so far work. I have defined
BOOST_TEST_ALTERNATIVE_INIT_API
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/libs/test/doc/html/utf/compilation.html#utf.flag.alt-init-api>
in my main program, so my initialization function (currently empty) is
bool init_function().

However, I noticed something in the documentation that said if you do
define BOOST_TEST_ALTERNATIVE_INIT_API
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/libs/test/doc/html/utf/compilation.html#utf.flag.alt-init-api>
in your main(), you also have to define it when you build the library.
But my test code seems to be working without the special build.

Does 1.58.0, perhaps, not need the command line definition. Or, am I
kidding myself that everything is all right, and the Roadrunner is going
to drop an anvil on my head at a later date?

Merrill Cornish