Subject: [Boost-users] Boost 1_59_0_b1_rc1 regression in spirit::qi
From: Oswin Krause (Oswin.Krause_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-14 08:10:37

Hi,

On 2015-07-14 05:54, Marshall Clow wrote:
> Release candidate files for 1.59.0 beta 1 are available at
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/ [1]
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

Boost compiles fine, OS Arch Linux, x86_64.

However, i got a regression in my software using boost::spirit::qi

See attached the program (i guess it does not qualify minimal, but i do
not have time to trace it further), output of g++/valgrind for boost
1.58 and for 1.59. There seems to be a signed/unsigned comparison issue
and valgrind detects a conditional jump that depends on unintialized
memory. In my code this showed up as 4 values read from the parsed file
have wrong values albeit the 200 or so other values before and after are
fine.

Best,
Oswin