Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.60 Raspberry Pi lockfree::queue compilation error
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-22 22:23:36

On 22/02/2016 09:31, Alexander Simpson wrote:
> I’m trying to compile a project that makes use of boost::lockfree::queue
> on a Raspberry Pi 2 running Jessie.
> I built version 1.60 of Boost myself (apt-get was out of date) with sudo
> ./bjam install. I’m not cross-compiling.
> When I attempt to compile a project that uses the boost library I get
> the error listed below (where boostreader.cpp is the file written by
> me). I found a patch suggested two years ago here
> (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/9041) but the changes in that
> patch seem to have already applied in 1.60, so I’m at a loss as to what
> to do.

Most of those symbols are defined in the compiled code of Boost.Atomic,
so this looks like a basic library-missing link error.

Make sure you add the appropriate -L and -l parameters for the Atomic
library to your application build (check the Boost library output
directory for the appropriate filenames).