Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Insertion/Use of boost::multi_index - new thread
From: Ram (sourceopen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-28 08:23:59

Hi Joaquin,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I tried what you said and

[
1. Continuing with your example.cpp file, where you last inserted the
boost::detail::allocator::construct bit, please remove all usage of
Boost.MultiIndex
and its headers, and simply add this #include

  #include <boost/detail/allocator_utilities.hpp>

and keep the boost::detail::allocator::construct portion. Still the same
" syntax error : identifier 'p'" error?
]
Yes, I still got the error.

[
2. If the answer to the above is affirmative, please start removing headers
(and the
code that depends on them), *one header at a time*. Continue after you've
removed
everything (a) or suddenly the error disappears (b).
]
The error disappears only when I remove the multi_index declaration. After
which the thing is of no use to me.

[
3. If (a), then you have a barebone example.cpp file with little more than
the the
allocator_utilities.hpp #include and the boost::detail::allocator::construct
line. My
bet is then the error has to do with the settings of your project.
]
I am not sure of that but the precompiled header setting was not the
reason. I confirmed this by compiling my stand alone program in both ways
of the setting. It compiles fine.

[
4.If (b), examine the last header you removed when the error vanished. Is it
introducing any kind of macro, ::new overload, or something suspicious?
]
No, I confirmed manually in the code and new is not overloaded.

Also one more thing, I found new now is that I am getting similar errors
while I try to use boost::unordered_map. I get a "syntax error :'(' in
boost\unordered\detail\buckets.hpp(767).
I opened a seperate thread for that.

Thanks,
Ram