Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [release] Boost 1.62.0 release available
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-04 08:04:19

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 4 October 2016 at 04:23, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> >> It seems there's some issue with the Asio documentation[1].
> >>
> >> Clicking on Asio[2] in the documentation page[3] leads to a "too many
> >> redirects" error.
> >

> > Works for me on OSX Chrome. Maybe Daniel fixed it already.
>
> I manually built it yesterday and also changed the site to remove
> redirect loops from master, so missing documentation should be a 404
> now.
>
> The problem is that the asio documentation requires an explicit target
> to be built, so the new build script doesn't build it. Is it possible
> for the asio documentation jamfile to know when it's run from the main
> documentation build script? It wants to build a different version of
> the documentation for standalone releases.

Currently the only indicator is of knowing if it's building docs for the
release. Which you can test with:

    if "--release-build" in [ modules.peek : ARGV ]

But I have some local changes that implement the specific doc build targets
that deal with this better. I'll work on finishing that work to deal with
the problem fully.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything