Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost with VS15 Preview 5
From: Marcel Raad (raad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-26 05:46:34

Trueman, Christopher wrote
> Has anyone succeeded in building boost with VS15 preview 5? I have VS2105
> installed as well and the boost build system always chooses this version.
> I’m trying to build the 1.62 release.   Suggestions welcomed.
>       Chris.

Support for building with up to Preview 4 is in the develop branch [1].
Preview 5 massively changed the directory structure and removed the VS
install location from the registry and from global environment variables.
According to comments on the MSDN blogs, it is likely that the VC toolset
directory will change again and that MS will provide a reliable way to find
the VS install location by RC [2].

[1]
https://github.com/boostorg/build/commit/ae5e63a1315493dfb2fc60c4d537674fa637f898
[2]