Subject: [Boost-users] Visual Studio "15" Preview Update 5 configuration
From: csiga.biga_at_[hidden]
Date: 2016-11-09 06:12:10

Hi fellow users!

This is my first message to this list, so take it easy if something’s not right.

I wanted to build Boost with the latest Visual Studio spin, dubbed „15” Update 5 (RC coming sometime in November), but the configuration scripts do not quite work. Because _MSC_VER is 1910, I get the unkown compiler pragma warning, but what is more vexing, is that the configuration is not right, I get compilation errors in boost::functional, because std::unary_function has been deprecated since C++11, and VS „15” has removed this function from the STL.

The _MSC_FULL_VER is 191024516, and I wanted to use the new toolset, because it has significantly improved in terms of conformance, most notably support for generalized constexpr. (See full list in the link)

Can someone help with patching the configuration scripts? I would rather not start defining things to get deprecated features into scope again, but if nothing else works as a hotfix, than so be it.

Thanks in advance,
Máté