Subject: Re: [Boost-users] License questions
From: John DiMatteo (jdimatteo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-24 18:31:03

Practically the answer is it is fine to include Boost in closed source
programs and tons of software does.

If you are going to be fussy you can find problems. See this thread from
2013. I doubt much had changed:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/boost-list/OL4TNAw3GP8

I've worked at multiple companies (large and small) that used Boost without
worrying about details like that. Only one company worried about those
details and my conclusion is that they were crazy.

IANAL

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 3:36 PM Mateusz Loskot via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

On 23 March 2017 at 22:23, Julian D. via Boost-users

<boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That appears to be the definition of what license they wanted, not the

> actual license.

And they they got what they wanted. The pages says it clearly.

"It was requested that a single Boost license be developed that met

the traditional requirements that Boost licenses, particularly:

(...)

The result is the Boost Software License:

(...)"

> The license body makes it unclear if I can use this in a

> closed-source commercial environment

Contact a lawyer then.

Best regards,