Subject: [Boost-users] Help with Boost Serialization library!
From: Alam, Tina (tina.alam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-27 16:56:28

Hi Boost Users,

I need the Boost Serialization Library in order to use a MATLAB make file. The make file is looking for a static library file named either boost_serialization.lib or libboost_serialization.lib. However, when I built the serialization library, I got a lot of object files and rsp files rather than a .lib file. Do you know how to create the .lib file? I am not sure if it matters, but I am using a Windows computer.

When you build the boost libraries, is there a way to generate .lib files for them?

Below, I have documented the steps I took to build the library. Please take a glance at it and let me know if I missed something that will allow me to obtain the .lib file.

  1. Download and unzip the boost folder

http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_63_0.html

  1. Look inside folder and make sure you find bootstrap.bat

  1. Open the Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt and navigate to the boost folder

[cid:image001.jpg_at_01D2BF3C.88D418B0]

  1. Type bootstrap into the command line and hit enter

[cid:image002.jpg_at_01D2BF3C.88D418B0]

  1. After it finishes bootstrapping, type in .\b2 --with-serialization and hit enter. The serialization library will be built. I still have not figured out how to generate the .lib file.

[cid:image003.jpg_at_01D2BF3C.88D418B0]

Tina Alam
IT Flex - Software Engineer

image001.jpg