Subject: Re: [Boost-users] how to generate PDF formate documentations of Boost?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-01 16:53:27

On 01/07/2017 07:24, easior via Boost-users wrote:
> Hi, all in the list.
>
> I plan to build boost documentation in pdf format for latest version
> of boost.However, it's no luck to me even following the link:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/doc/html/boostbook/getting/started.html.
> I can only find HTML formatted documentation for boost. I don't know
> what aboutthe relationship between boost and doxygen. I also have no
> idea about themechanism of the boostbook.

As the person who used to build said PDF documentation, I confess to
having dropped the ball on that :(

There are quite a few tools you need to install before you can transform
docbook to PDF, the details are here:
https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

Then there is a test to check your toolchain under boost-root/doc/test.

To build everything, you need to invoke the Jamfile under doc/pdf.
Unfortunately, this is likely to be hopelessly out of date - I'll see if
I get that working again...

John.

---
http://www.avg.com