Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [test] Is standalone use possible?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-02 12:04:33

On 01/10/2017 22:54, Adam Nielsen via Boost-users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of trying to remove the Boost dependency from my
> project, as it is causing too many difficulties for non-developers
> trying to run my code.
>
> This has been mostly solved by switching to C++11 and using the std::
> implementations instead, however rather than rewrite all my unit tests
> I am hoping I can use a standalone version of Boost.Test, and
> distribute the code alongside my own.
>
> Unfortunately I am not quite sure how to extract the Test library out
> of the main Boost distribution. I have compiled "bcp" and used it to
> copy "test" into a new folder, but it seems to copy a huge chunk of
> Boost as well, including a bunch of libraries (system, thread,
> date_time, etc.) and I end up with 29 MB of source files, which seems
> wrong (especially considering my own codebase is barely 500 kB).

Try:

bcp --boost=boost-root-directory boost/test output-path

You still get a lot of dependencies - including chrono and system which
are pulled in from libs/test/build/Jamfile.v2 via a dependency on
Boost.Timer.  Most of the extra dependencies are created because bcp
follows every conceivable preprocessor path - so get dozens of
dependencies only required by broken compilers etc.

HTH, John.

---
http://www.avg.com