Subject: [Boost-users] error categories point to invalid data with boost log and asio
From: priv_at_[hidden]
Date: 2017-11-11 14:30:10

I have the following problem while using boost asio together with boost
log and clang 3.9.0.

When I want to print an error code for example passed to me by a asio
completion handler, my program crashes. This is because the error
category points to invalid data. If I put a breakpoint in get_misc_error
category which is called upon program startup, the local static error
category already contains junk data.

When I compile with gcc 5.4.0 this error does not occur. Also if I do
not link against boost log everything works fine as well.

I use linux, and link all boost libraries dynamically. Boost version is
1.62.0. Would it help if I maybe link boost log statically? Is there
anything else I can do?