Subject: Re: [Boost-users] 1.66 changes in layout suffix seems to break cmake finder
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-08 22:37:07

On 9/01/2018 05:08, Stephan Menzel wrote:
> Sure, I could manually build CMake there as well but it all seems so
> unnecessary, given that it's just a strange file naming scheme
> change.
The naming change was intentional to allow 32-bit and 64-bit libraries
to be built in one pass and to live in the same output directory.

The latter is a common deployment requirement on Windows when shipping
both 32-bit and 64-bit executables, which previously required
workarounds such as using custom build ids or moving files to separate
directories, and also required building Boost twice with different options.