Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Using Boost 1.66 with VS2017
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-01 10:13:40

From: Boost-users [mailto:boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Tim Burgess via Boost-users
Sent: 31 January 2018 17:39
To: 'boost-users list'
Cc: Tim Burgess
Subject: [Boost-users] Using Boost 1.66 with VS2017

Hi,

I'm getting the following message during compilation of my application:

1>Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - probably nothing bad will happen - but you may wish to look for an update
Boost version. Define BOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE to suppress this message.

I don't want to suppress the message, but would appreciate any mods I need to do to actually stop its cause.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

As I understand it, 'it's a bug' and even if you use the latest version of Boost (or even the unreleased develop branch) you will
still get the message.

You should just ignore the warning for the time being (until the next Boost release is out and you can update to that).

Or you can supress the message (but it may be useful warning in future, so you may want to re-enable it later, which may be a
nuisance).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow