Subject: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.66.0 - probable user error
From: Larry (lknain_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-16 01:48:24

I must be getting old. Building Boost used to be so much easier. I
suspect I have missed something in the doc.

I downloaded 1.66.0. This is for Win8.1 and MSVC 2017. From a command
line bootstrap finally worked to get b2 although there were complaints
about some of the options. Running b2 fails. I used to do

 Â  .\b2 --prefix=xxx toolset=msvc --build-type=complete stage

Almost verbatim from the Getting Started doc. stage is not a target is
the error. As far as I know the only way to find targets is to wander
through .jam files (finding targets was always difficult as far back as
1.27 as I recollect).

Any idea what I missed and where?

Larry