Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Veracode Scan
From: Christopher Pisz (christopherpisz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-05-02 13:44:28

Yes. Vericode is gives false positivies all the time.

I had a scan fail my application and complainging about
boost::asio::endpoint. I traced the line it was complaining about and it
didn't like a memcpy with 16 bytes passed in as a param, with a destination
field that was 16 bytes. Vericode called that a stack based buffer overrun.
There is nothing wrong with boost::asio::endpoint that I can see.